- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Development Control Engineer
The Department of Infrastructure is looking to recruit a Highway Development Control Engineer to join their Highway Services Division to contribute to their ambitious Programme for Government.
This role will play a lead role in the analysis and assessment of the transportation infrastructure and highway safety impacts of applications made under the Town and Country Planning Act 1999 to keep the Island a special place to live and work. Therefore we are looking for an enthusiastic and effective Highway Development Control Engineer with proven experience.
The main responsibilities of this role are to:
- Provide highway and transportation advice on land use allocations and individual planning applications and to ensure the provision of an appropriate standard of transport infrastructure to service new development
- Analyse and assess the impacts of planning applications on the highway and transport infrastructure in liaison with developers and other relevant parties
- Attend and present advice to the Planning Committee including responding to queries raised by committee members, applicants and members of the public
- Carry out pre-application discussions as appropriate to ensure efficient delivery of advice and an early understanding of key transport issues relating to new development
- Develop highway development control policies and procedures
A full valid driving licence is essential for this post.
Interview Expenses and Relocation Information
Interview expenses and a relocation package of up to £5000 based on receipts is available for this role.
Interview expenses would be available for candidates travelling from the UK or the Republic of Ireland. Interviews by Skype would be considered for candidates in other areas.
All About the Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a special place to live and work!
Those living on the Island, benefit from great lifestyle opportunities, open space, a safe environment, great education and a real sense of community. There are numerous events, clubs and societies in almost everything you can imagine. Isle of Man residents benefit from lower tax rates than a lot of countries in the EU and a simpler, more efficient system of calculation.
For further information about living in the Isle of Man and the Island's lifestyle, check out our All About the Isle of Man booklet attached to this advert. In addition, you can also visit www.locate.im
National Insurance Holiday Scheme
The Isle of Man is offering a National Insurance Holiday Scheme which allows newly employed, relocated or returning residents to apply for a refund on their National Insurance contributions for their first year of living or returning to the Isle of Man, with refunds capped at £4,000. To see how this scheme could benefit you visit www.locate.im
How to Apply
Please click on link provided or contact Lewis Harrison direct on 01489 898979 / email@example.com
Full JD available upon request
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.