- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is one of the most progressive tech companies in the South East region working in the high growth electric vehicle industry. Backed by significant investment they seek talented individuals to continue development and support production.
Purpose of the Job:
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and optimise company stack and system designs using Computer Aided Analysis (CAE) techniques. Key to performing well in this role will be the capability to be:
- A good communicator and presenter.
- Capable of influencing new product design via sound, succinct, data-driven analysis results.
- At ease with highly complex and potentially technically challenging simulation models.
- Capable of finding the right balance between model simplicity and accuracy.
- Efficient at debugging and optimising simulation execution times within hardware limitations.
- Ability to back up analysis results with hand and spreadsheet calculations.
- Pro-active in ensuring simulation results are compared to design requirements.
Conduct CAE analysis projects and inform the engineering community of optimal solutions to meet product technical requirements.
- Defining scope of project and agreeing with stakeholders.
- Detailing assumptions and limitations of analysis techniques.
- Providing results tailored to business needs.
- Provide engineering insight to analyses and results by providing reports, including recommend technical changes or further work.
- Develop understand of key parameters for improved component and system level performance and guide further design iterations based on analysis results.
- Support Design Reviews with CAE analysis activities
Key Internal Relationships:
Senior CAE Engineers:
- Support in defining scope of CAE analysis projects.
- Work closely to ensure correct priorities are assigned to projects.
- Work closely to ensure analysis is in line with best-practise/previous validation.
Systems Engineers / Mechanical Engineers / Control Engineers:
- Support evidence based decision making processes through CAE simulation.
- Agree and report CAE analysis projects.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to provide solutions to engineering problems.
- Participate in design reviews providing expert guidance.
Test Engineering Manager and Test Ops Engineers:
- Interface closely with Test Managers to schedule and detail tests required for CAE validation exercises.
- Interface closely with Test engineers to ensure tests are run appropriately and produce quality results.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Good Masters degree in Chemical, Electrochemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent hand-calculation and excel-based analysis skills to back up detailed CAE results
- At least one year performing CAE analysis (type of analysis not critical) in role in a professional engineering environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage one's own time and the demanding expectations of others
- Understanding of CAE modelling process stages including meshing, boundary conditions, solution optimisation and results interpretation
- Understanding of different types of CAE analysis used to solve real-world design problems
- Flow simulation
- FEA simulation
- Multi-Physics simulation
- Experience with ANSYS Fluent/Mechanical and/or COMSOL would be beneficial but not essential.
- Flexibility to learn perform these different types of analysis to meet project need.
- Appreciation of the model development lifecycle from business need to fit for purpose analysis.
- Demonstrated practical skills to complement academic background.
- Understanding of fact based decision making techniques (i.e. DOE) to problem solving.You will receive a generous package including:
You will receive a generous package including:
- Competitive Salary in the region of £40,000 depending on relevant skills and experience
- 37.5 hours / week with flexible working.
- excellent contributory pension
- life assurance
- cycle to work scheme
- share save scheme
- 1 professional membership per annum.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.