- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Change Quality and Compliance Manager
Our client is looking for a Change Quality and Compliance Manager to join thier busy Highways team.
What will you do?
You will create a culture of change to develop and improve the Quality across the Highway Services Division of the Department of Infrastructure. Key is the drive to clearly identify where the organisation currently is in terms of its Quality Culture and to improve upon this
to develop an organisation that is truly world class in terms of its commitment to quality. The role will also include ensuring that appropriate quality processes and procedures are established, implemented and maintained throughout the Highway Services Division. You will take day to day responsibility for ensuring systems and procedures are fit for purpose, consistently applied and meet external and internal requirements. The quality of works to our highway and assets being the ultimate proof of the changes to the quality culture. You will manage and coordinate the Quality Management System in compliance with recognised ISO standards. You will promote a culture of continuous quality improvement and help deliver effective quality compliance across the division.
What does that involve?
- Understand the current Quality Culture
- Develop a programme of quality improvement
- Champion and implement the programme of improvement and ensure that it is sustained
- The quality improvements will be across all areas of Highway Services from concept,
- through design and construction
- Promote the introduction of new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
- Act as a point of contact and a source of information for quality related matters
- Manage and monitor continual improvement by acting as the central focus for
- lessons learned exercises, suggestions and feedback
- Work with office staff to develop effective procedures
- Work with Engineering and Design to ensure effective delivery of projects
- Work with operational staff to ensure that the quality of the work to our highways and assets is right first time and to the required quality
- Have responsibility for managing the Integrated Management suite of documents on a SharePoint server
- Author and take ownership of key Management documentation
- Manage and maintain core documented information in line with the Divisional Quality Policy
- Ensure that document control procedures are consistently applied across the various sections of the division
- Contribute to the Integrated Management System
- Take ownership of the Department's Integrated Management System Manual
- Regularly review in-house communication and staff training requirements to raise awareness of quality
- Manage the Internal Audit process
- Review internal audits, discuss results with process owners, or review processes in
- person to ensure they are properly maintained
- Manage the nonconformity and corrective action processes, ensuring actions are followed up in a timely manner
- Update quality documentation and communicate lessons learned
- Review and report on compliance of all aspects of the quality management system, its effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement as appropriate
Performance Management & Improvement
All Civil Servants have a personal responsibility for performance management. The role
holder will also be responsible for -
- Their personal and professional development and appraisal in accordance with the Performance and Development Review Scheme.
- The maintenance of standards and pursuing continuous improvements of services provided.
Representation and Corporate Contribution
The role holder may represent Highway Services Division in a range of settings, forums, committees, working groups and events. It is expected that the role holder will be a committed ambassador of the Department of Infrastructure and the work that it seeks to
achieve. More specifically they will be required to liaise with and build positive and effective working relationships with internal and external customers to ensure work is undertaken in an organised and timely manner.
Health & Safety
The role holder will be responsible for their own health and safety and the impact of their actions on others. They will be responsible for identifying any possible risks or near misses to a responsible manager and/or the Health & Safety Committee of the Department.
As an appointee of the Highway Services Division, the role holder is expected to recognise that their business requires the highest level of personal integrity. Each Officer has an individual responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of all Highway Services business and to uphold such confidences.
How to apply
Simply click on 'Apply Now' below, or contact Lewis Harrison direct on 01489 898979 / Lewis.firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.