- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer - Certification
The business is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The Systems Engineer - Certification, will fulfil a key role in the Systems Engineering Team. The position will report to the Engineering Manager - Safety and Certification, and will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to define and execute the Certification Plan. Areas of knowledge and experience are required in, but not limited to:
- Naval Combat and Platform Systems
- Classification Society Rules (preferably Lloyd's Register)
- ANEP-77 Naval Ship Code
- Coordination of certification activities across a wide range of engineering disciplines
- Post-Secondary education in an Engineering discipline.
- Proven experience in the following fields:
- Engineering in large and complex Defence acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations
- Application of Classification Society rules
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Excellent time management, and written and oral communication skills
- Conduct all work in accordance with the Acquisition Safety and Environmental Management System (CASEMS).
- Coordinate Certification in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the development, documentation, and evaluation of documents related to Safety and Certification, including the Tailoring Document, Certification Plan and Certification Compliance Matrix.
- Provide support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues related to design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are identified, communicated and recorded.
- Coordinate and co-chair the Certification Working Group.
- Promote a positive Product Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be a role model for professional behaviour.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.