- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer - Certification
Based in Halifax, on the scenic East Coast of Canada, this project is Canada's most exciting for the last 30 years. With a brand new assembly hall and innovative technology, they are building the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Systems Engineer - Certification will work in accordance with the Acquisition Safety and Environmental Management System (CASEMS) to provide technical expertise in the development, documentation and evaluation of all activities related to Safety and Certification.
- Provide support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks and issues and related to design, integration, test and acceptance activities are identified and recorded.
- Coordinate and co-chair the Certification Working Group.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert across the following areas:
- Naval Combat and Platform Systems
- Classification Society Rules e.g. Lloyd's Register
- ANEP-77 Naval Ship Code
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing & beach hopping and cold snowy winters for hitting the slopes
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties with plenty of options to suit all desires; choose from being nestled in beautiful woodland, overlooking a lake or basing yourself downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - Halifax is a big city with a small town feel
- Education - they have excellent facilities with a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only a 2 hour flight to New York or 6 hours to the UK
I have over 7 years' experience here at Matchtech in recruitment, and have personally supported over 40 families in their move to Canada over the last 5 years. Having also lived abroad as a child and into adulthood, I understand how daunting it can be to transform your whole life and consider relocating. To find out more, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applications must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.