- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Commercial Manager - Water
My client is recruiting for a Commercial Manager to work within the Water Sector
The successful candidate will set out, and successfully implement, the regional business strategy for delivering efficient cost control and procurement needs in line with business unit targets. Monitor all contractual issues, reviewing costs on a continuing basis, identifying and realising cost saving opportunities. Overseeing material and subcontract procurement.
What you'll be doing day to day
- To work as an ambassador for the southern region by retaining existing clients and attaining new client's and projects leads securing our position across the south and our overall business.
- Implement regional business strategy
- Work closely with Directors in the commercial management of the business.
- Constantly monitor commercial viability of schemes throughout the development stage.
- Effectively communicating the business unit strategy to department and monitoring progress against targets.
- Contribute in defining and developing procurement strategy.
- Liaise with design/engineering teams to maximise value improvement
- Implement and manage effective placement of subcontractor orders.
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place to manage the financial aspects of a number of projects.
- Control the scheduling and purchasing of materials.
- Contribute to development budgets.
- Review and monitor costs on a continuing basis
- Raise awareness of the need to effectively manage a regime of cost control with local board.
- Prepare regular reports for the board illustrating the financial situation of various projects in relation to budgets, highlighting any issues/risks.
- Reconcile monthly costs reports for presentation to board.
- Management and motivation of Commercial Operations
- Ensure that an effective departmental structure is in place to deliver business unit strategy.
- Manage and motivate Surveyors, Buyers and Estimators.
- Ability to understand the key drivers for effective staff motivation.
- Must have the sufficient skills to identify staff weaknesses and implement change where necessary.
- Ensure regular performance reviews take place within the Team.
- Involvement in and understanding of other functions within local management team.
- As part of management team, responsible for health and safety risk assessment and customer care issues within the business.
- Take responsibility for achieving business targets including cash, profit, return on capital and sales.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Directors
- Drive forward and attend Concept, Pre-tender, Pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company's operating framework.
- Develop Team relationships to ensure effective communication is achieved and maintained.
- Developing and managing customer/stakeholder relationships for repeat business opportunities/tenders
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the senior leadership team, peers and teams to debate, develop and implement initiatives and change management protocols
- Ability to lead and empower teams, at varying levels, including any development and retention challenges
- Drive engagement and a positive working environment across the business unit
- Interpreting core policies and ensuring procedures are adhered to for current legislation, legal and contractual requirements
- Fosters positive working relationships to achieve consistent and common processes across the company
- Collaboration with central service teams for core processes, people management and development
Experience and Qualifications:
- Senior Management / leadership roles in the utilities or built environment industry
- Understanding of the market sector challenges and developments
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of business development and client stakeholder management and engagement
- Understanding of client's business challenges and targets to align service provision
- Creating, developing and delivering robust business plans
- Delivered target driven and result focused outcomes
- Influenced a strong health and safety performance and culture
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of change management and evolving strategy into workable solutions
Leading change projects
Leading, mentoring and coaching your teams
Strong commercial acumen and budgetary experience
Managing extensive and complex business unit budgets
Developing and maintaining high performance
Comprehensive knowledge of current trends and best practice
Ability to drive margin improvements through structured efficiency programmes
Industry degree or equivalent
Membership within an accredited body i.e. ICE, IMechE, IET, CIOB, RICS, CABE etc.
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.