- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Engineering Team Lead
Our client, one of the most progressive tech companies in the South East region working in the high growth electric vehicle industry. Backed by significant investment they seek talented individuals to support further development and manufecturing.
Purpose of the Job:
The primary purpose of this position is to lead a dynamic team of Mechanical Engineers, ensuring that projects are correctly resourced and that quality work is delivered to all customers.
This role requires a confident, enthusiastic, dynamic, determined and organised individual who is keen to develop their career in a versatile environment.
- Line management of a team of Mechanical Engineers.
- Support project managers with engineering effort estimation at the project planning stage.
- Allocate work and track resource utilisation levels across the team.
- Recruit new permanent or contract staff.
- Define, update and track metrics for team performance.
- Define and champion processes owned by the team (FMEA etc.).
- Ensure team output is at the right quality level.
- Coach, train and support team in their work.
- Ensure tools and processes used by team are up to date, efficient, licensed and budgeted.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Daily contact with Team members, Head of Mechanical Engineering and Project Managers.
- Close working relationship with other Mechanical Engineers, Design team, Analysis team, Test Technicians and Procurement personnel to coordinate activities.
- Intermittent contact with CTO, Director of Products and Director of Projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Team Leadership skills - able to give direction, motivation and coaching to team members. Leads by example.
- Team development skills - able to improve team performance, quality and efficiency. Understanding of how to develop and grow high-performing teams.
- Process development and documentation skills - able to create and document efficient design processes that meet business needs, including selling new processes to the team and ensuring these processes are used and adhered to.
- Mechanical Engineering degree, with 8+ years industry experience.
- Strong technical experience in a relevant sector (ideally high temperature SOFC).
- Exceptional Mechanical Engineering skills, including extensive experience of:
- Leading Mechanical Engineering projects.
- Appropriate use of risk management tools - e.g. DFMEA etc.
- Capability to perform detailed mechanical calculation / spreadsheets and CAE.
- Selecting and contrasting manufacturing processes, both for low and high volume.
- Material selection (especially for high temperature applications).
- Quality processes (APQP, PPAP).
- Statistical process control/ 6 Sigma.
- Approving designs / checking detailed drawings.
- Strong problem-solving skills (perhaps using recognised problem-solving methodologies).
- Able to encourage others to learn and adapt fast.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding and appreciation of benefits of Agile methods for project management.
You will receive a generous package including:
- Competitive Salary from £60,000 depending on relevant skills and experience
- 37.5 hours / week with flexible working.
- excellent contributory pension
- life assurance
- cycle to work scheme
- share save scheme
- 1 professional membership per annum.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.