- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Functional Safety Engineer
An exciting Contract Opportunity to work for an Automotive Consultancy has arisen for an experienced Automotive Functional Safety Engineer with proven 26262 experience across vehicle systems.
- Safety development for complex systems across a wide variety of industries
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and develop products in compliance with ISO 26262 and similar industry safety standards.
- Demonstrate Client's excellent reputation while working directly with customers on their projects.
- Write, review, and submit proposals in support of these efforts and working to continue the growth of the business related to safety development.
- Functional Safety activities within the UK client and international projects
- Guide customers to develop both new and existing systems / technologies in compliance with ISO26262
- Lead and support cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-Model lifecycle.
- Degree educated. Chartership would be beneficial. ISO 26262 certification / evidence of training desired.
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 and VDA industry standards is essential. Familiarity with safety standards (IEC 61508, etc)
- Experience related to this position is required; strong experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize techniques related to safety development is required (FHA, FFA, FTA, FMEA etc)
- Background in the automotive industry. Experience in multiple technical areas (Powertrain, Chassis, etc.) desired.
- Demonstrated ability in interpreting and assessing complex vehicle systems and architectures in regards to safety is required. Requirements development and management experience would be beneficial.
- Application areas include but are not limited to complex vehicle systems, torque delivery, high-voltage safety (electrified vehicles), ADAS and cyber security.
- Strong vehicle electronic systems knowledge; mechanical knowledge would also be beneficial.
- Had a key input into, or delivered projects according to ISO26262 and led functional safety development across the entire V-Model lifecycle (from concept to implementation / delivery)
- Understanding of Software would be hugely beneficial. Software architectures and (real-time) design. Ability to interpret Matlab/Simulink models and C/C++ is preferred.
- Effective project management, organizational, and teamwork skills are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Highly motivated individuals with effective organizational skills and team working abilities are required
- Able and willing to travel overseas as required by the project or company
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.