- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Our client is a South East based tech company involved in the high growth electric vehicle market. We seek talented individuals to join the team and support further development and production activities.
Purpose of the Job:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide reliability engineering support as part of the Mechanical Engineering function group. This role requires a confident, enthusiastic, determined and organised individual who is keen to develop their career in a versatile environment.
The successful candidate will have a combination of strong technical and influencing skills, taking on a pivotal role in increasing the standard of reliability engineering throughout the business. They will have a flair for structuring information and attention to detail. They will also have a strong delivery focus, using their technical knowledge and reliability engineering tools to identify and minimise product risk.
- Provide input into the DFMEA and design review based on failure modes (DRBFM) processes
- Identify and implement improvements to the failure data management systems and failure analysis process including DFMEA, PFMEA and DRBFM
- Write technical reports on failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, PTA reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses
- Produce reliability analyses in ReliaSoft Weibull++ and present results effectively
- Identify and implement improvements to the post-test analysis (PTA) process including measurement and disassembly techniques, process optimisation and data collection and storage methods
- Design, organise and analyse accelerated testing of failure modes associated with the Ceres Power cell and stack using internal and external test facilities
- Provide advice to team members and other areas of the business to ensure good reliability engineering practice throughout
- Perform root cause analysis on failed test pieces to systematically determine the cause of failure
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Minimum two years' experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to contribute to design review meetings and form working relationships with supplier partners and peer groups.
- Experience of reliability/durability predictions analysis and testing in another product area (preferably ReliaSoft Weibull++) and good understanding of statistical concepts
- Strong understanding of FMEA, DRBFM, and root cause analysis tools
- Knowledge of materials, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mechanics and hydraulicsYou will receive a generous package including:
- Competitive Salary from £34,000 depending on relevant skills and experience
- 37.5 hours / week with flexible working.
- excellent contributory pension
- life assurance
- cycle to work scheme
- share save scheme
- 1 professional membership per annum.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.