- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager - Traffic and Parking
Project Manager who can work on a number of high profile Traffic and Parking projects, including Cycle routes, School Streets and the lorry ban.
Also managing/Supervising a Proiject Officer (Apprentice)
To provide comprehensive and efficient project management support for the Head of Traffic and Parking Services, supporting the Programme Manager in managing a wide range of cross-service projects. Such projects will include projects to drive organisational and policy change across the Service, to manage and implement bespoke projects essential to the day to day running of the Service, and the future development of traffic, parking and accessible transport functions.
The post holder will also play a particular role in supporting the Programme Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the service performance framework.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To contribute to the development of service-specifc plans and related strategies, working with colleagues across the service and the rest of the council.
- To deliver - and help to shape - key projects within the Traffic and Parking Service, that advance and embed the Service approach to pursuing its priorities, whilst improving outcomes and reducing costs.
- To collaborate with other council departments on specifc projects that are aimed at achievinig savings and efficiencies spread across various Departments.
- To make use of a range of project management and monitoring tools, to enable effective project management in an open and time-conscious fashion.
- To develop the use of digital and data as tools for promoting transformation within the Service , aiming for actionable insights and useable products.
- To expand and embed the use of different approaches to change, drawing on concepts like systems leadership, design thinking, demand management, theory of change and co-production (alongside strong programme management).
- To develop understanding and experience in the theories, methods, tools and techniques associated with these approaches to change - and to contribute to building such change capability within the Traffic and Parking Service.
- To deliver service reviews into particular parts of the service, to help identify and resolve challenges and support improvements, when requested by the Head of Service or by Service managers.
- To build relationships within the Service, and with third party partners, to establish a complete understanding of the aims and objectives of the Service, and the drivers that might influence future change.
- To maintain links with associated bodies, such as London Councils. TEC and the Department for Transport.
- To horizon scan for policy developments and other shifts in the external landscape which will have an impact on the organisation - and share those with the relevant parts of the organisation.
- To work with a degree of autonomy (and self-direction) in delivering results in projects, taking personal responsibility for making a contribution to impact and success. Be able to engage in strategic discussions, build relationships across the organisation, and be working towards transformation and change expertise.
- To take the initiative and work autonomously in delivering results on large or complex projects, taking personal responsibility for their impact and success. Be able to contribute to strategic discussions and decisions, build strong relationships across the organisation, and demonstrate examples of transformation and change expertise.
- To manage the workload, attendance and performance of the Project Officer apprentice,
- To be responsible for the career development of the apprentice, including an oversight of the external training that the apprentice will be undertaking
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.