- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
CAV Software Lead Researcher
Lead Engineer or Senior Researcher required to own Software Architecture for Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) innovation.
The project will deliver the first open vehicle platform to support cooperative autonomy, along with a demonstration of its capabilities. The vehicle platform will be used to support UK businesses to accelerate commercialisation of CAV technologies and services. In addition, to support research organisations to prove and develop novel research concepts. The successful applicant will lead the development of the software architecture and functions to enable the vehicle to operate autonomously. Furthermore, to support and develop live trials and demonstrations using the vehicle platform.
To apply for this post, you will:
- Significant experience in developing software for complex control systems, including experience of industrial R&D and first implementation in 'real world' environment
- Ideally previous experience working on projects related to connected autonomous driving systems for example Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics, Navigation Systems, Mobile Edge Cloud Computing.
- Be motivated to pursue technical leadership and supervision of MSc/PhD students.
- Possess effective communication (oral and written) skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead the development of the software architecture and functions to enable the vehicle to operate autonomously.
- Support and develop live trials and demonstrations using the vehicle platform.
- Lead the development and writing of new research proposals.
- Contribute to the technical leadership of the project.
- Contribute to the development of novel cooperative autonomous driving systems.
- Support researchers, engineering and postgraduate students to develop and publish high quality scientific publications and patents.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate strong technical leadership and to have the opportunity to develop your own professional network through interaction with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, as well as industrial partners during the life of the project.
In return we will provide a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.