- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Technician
My client are expanding and looking to recruit Civil Engineering Technicians to work in their Sheffield office.
The role will be supporting our ongoing and increasing workload for both public and private sector clients on a wide variety of development and Highway schemes.
To undertake design and provide technical support for Roads related projects for a range of public and private sector clients.
Carry out investigation, detailed design and implementation of projects Assist in the management and monitoring of the budget for projects Maintain good working relationship with the Client and other interested parties
You will carry out work associated with the delivery of the requirements with the Contract and all other external clients.
Current projects include:
* Delivery Integrated Partner (DIP) Framework for delivering major Highway Projects - M6, J19 improvements
* £500m Designers on Smart Motorway Projects - M1 corridor, M25, M42/M40
* Trans Pennine Route upgrade - civils design
* Bridge Inspections for Local Authority and Highways England schemes
* Staffordshire iPlus contract - Highways and Drainage support
* £30m New 5km trunk road in Manchester - Lead Designer and PM
* £5m roundabout reconfiguration for Area 13
* £4m Grey to Green Phase 2 for Sheffield City Council - Lead Designer and Supervision
* Highways England - Flooding hotspots and alleviation works for Areas 13 and 14
* Kings Cross drainage improvement works
* Trafford Structural Maintenance Programme
* Various developer lead improvements to Container Depots in the UK
What will this role involve
Carry out investigation, detailed design and implementation of projects, whilst.
Assisting Engineers with:
* Inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating,
* Preparing and carrying out drawing production
* Quality Assurance responsibilities
* Contract preparation
* The preparation of technical documentation and reports
* Dealing with project related correspondence
* Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineer
* Project administration
* Compliance to the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
* Maintaining a strong focused client relationship
* Implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
What are we looking for
Ideally you will have:
* HNC / HND, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* Good IT Skills
* Experience of AutoCAD
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic
* Good communication skills - both written and oral
* Developing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
* Problem solving aptitude
* Client focused approach to service delivery
Working for this company you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join the company Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.