- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Civil Highway Engineer
My client are expanding and looking to recruit Principal Highway Design Engineers to work in their Design Hub in Sheffield.
The successful candidate will support ongoing and increasing workload for both public and private sector clients on a wide variety of development and Highway schemes
Current projects are;
Delivery Integrated Partner (DIP) Framework for delivering major Highway Projects - M6 J19 improvements
Sheffield PFI - Highway Design for improvements on the network
£500m Designers on Smart Motorway Projects - M1 corridor, M25, M42/M40
Lead designer on a £5m Highway improvement scheme
Trans Pennine Route upgrade - drainage design
Staffordshire iPlus contract - Highways and Drainage support
£30m New 5km trunk road in Manchester - Lead Designer and PM
£4m Grey to Green Phase 2 for Sheffield City Council - Lead Designer and supervision
Highways England - Flooding hotspots and alleviation works for Areas 13 and 14
Kings Cross drainage improvement works
Trafford Structural Maintenance Programme
Various developer lead improvements to Container Depots in the UK
Supporting Staffordshire Lead Local Flood Authority with PLR schemes and HS2 consenting
The ideal skills and experience would include
* To assist in leading role in the Civils Infrastructure team
* Take ownership of schemes
* Undertake Design Lead role on multiple project work either as a Design Lead on large projects or as Project Manager leading a multi-disciplinary team
* To fulfil a design management and discipline role within a design team
* Undertake CDM Principal Designer roles on project.
* Be a Checker and Approver of Drawings and Designs.
* Experience in use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D and Micro-drainage
* Delegate and manage a team
* Undertake Line Manager responsibilities
* Prepare fee proposals and manage fee spend on schemes
* Account and Office responsibilities are the responsibilities of others in the Hub
* Experience of working on both Local Authority and developer led schemes as part of a multi-disciplinary design team
* Civils design experience including;
- Site Development and Layouts
- Highway improvement, alignment and development Schemes (including S38 and S278 agreements)
- Drainage Design
- Client contact and management.
* Produce and check design concepts, calculations, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
* Civil Engineering Design to DMRB standards
Our ideal candidate would be a Chartered Engineer status (CEng, IEng + MICE, CMIHT) with consultancy experience in Highway and Civil Engineering.
Individuals without relevant professional membership but relevant experience in lieu are also welcome to apply and all submissions will be considered to fulfil the growth aspirations of the business.
It is considered that the candidate would require:
* Strong technical skills
* Report writing skills
* Confidence in dealing with clients, either face to face or by telephone
* Ability to work and co-operate within a close-knit team environment
* Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages
* Experience of planning and coordinating design projects
Working for the company, you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join the company programme which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.