- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Highway Engineer
My client are expanding and looking to recruit Senior Highway Design Engineers to work in their Design Hub in Sheffield,
The successful candidate will support ongoing and increasing workload for both public and private sector clients on a wide variety of development and Highway schemes.
Current projects include:
* £500m Designers on Smart Motorway Projects - M1 corridor, M25
* Staffordshire iPlus contract
* £15m New 5km trunk road in Manchester
* £4m Grey to Green Phase 2 for Sheffield City Council
* Highways England - Flooding hotspots and alleviation works for Areas 13 and 14
* Kings Cross drainage improvement works
* Trafford Structural Maintenance Programme
* Various developer lead improvements to Container Depots in the UK
* Supporting Staffordshire Lead Local Flood Authority with PLR schemes and HS2 consenting
Working with the wider business is an important and significant part of the team's multidisciplinary workload comprising a broad range of Civil Engineering services, predominantly based around Highway & Civil Engineering design and consultancy in highways, building, developer sites, highway and developer drainage and flood risk assessment.
The ideal skills and experience would include
* To fulfil a design management and discipline role within a design team
* Take ownership of schemes
* Experience in use of AutoCAD, MX, Civils 3D
* Delegate and manage a small team
* Experience of working on both Local Authority and developer led schemes as part of a multi-disciplinary design team
* Civils design experience including;
- Site Development and Layouts
- Highway improvement, alignment and development Schemes (including S38 and S278 agreements)
- Client contact and management.
* Produce and check design concepts, calculations, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
* Civil Engineering Design to DMRB standards
The ideal Senior Civil Engineer would be Chartered Engineer status (CEng, IEng + MICE, CMIHT) with consultancy experience in Highways and Civil Engineering.
Individuals without relevant professional membership but relevant experience in lieu are also welcome to apply and all submissions will be considered to fulfil the growth aspirations of the business.
It is considered that the candidate would require:
* Strong technical skills
* Report writing skills
* Confidence in dealing with clients, either face to face or by telephone
* Ability to work and co-operate within a close-knit team environment
* Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages
* Experience of planning and coordinating design projects
Working for the company, you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join the company programme which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.