- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are working in partnership with Trafford Council to deliver environmental and infrastructure services for Trafford and are looking to recruit Civil Engineers.
The new partnership, formed in 2015, delivers commercial and domestic waste collections, street cleaning, grounds maintenance, highways services, bridges, road safety, street lighting and furniture, drainage and property services. The partnership will maintain and improve nearly 800 km of roads, 17,000 km footways, 150 structures, 30,000 street columns and illuminated signs and 37 parks, in addition to collecting waste from 97,000 households for 15 years. Innovative, new technology will be introduced across the services to deliver a more efficient approach for the Council and the residents of Trafford.
The Trafford Highways Consulting account provides the local highway authority function on behalf of Traffic Council. It comprises approximately 40 engineers, technicians and support staff and is organised into three teams dealing with Traffic, Development Control & Drainage and Highway Maintenance (including highway structures).
The account has a significant forward work programme of projects including:
* Highway structural maintenance schemes
* Highway drainage improvement schemes
* Maintenance and improvement of highway structures
* Integrated transport, public realm and road safety improvement schemes
* Traffic management schemes
* Greater Manchester Mayor's Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund projects
* Highway improvements funded through developer contributions
* Carrington Relief Road
To provide support in Highways Development Management which will include planning application responses, undertaking of highway and drainage design checks for S278 and S38 works along with the site supervision and support with public rights of way.
This is an excellent opportunity to assist the Principal Engineer with design checks for Highway Works, providing responses to planning applications and updating the definitive map and statement.
You will undertake highway and drainage design checks assist in the drafting of highway legal agreements. Undertake site supervision of highway and drainage works, working within defined budgets, to an agreed timetable and to high professional standards. You will also be required to provide support with planning applications, highway adoptions, closures and public rights of way.
Key responsibilities are:
* Undertake detail design checks on highway and drainage improvement schemes,
* Provide, assistance in producing S278 and S38 legal agreements,
* Undertake site supervision of highway and Drainage improvement works,
* Provide assistance with Highway responses to Planning Applications,
* Assist in the update of the definitive map and statement,
* Undertake technical design work including the production of electronic drawings using AutoCAD and other related software.
* Take ownership of and resolve problems
* Provide technical administrative support including project administration
* Prepare technical reports for both internal and external purposes.
* Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients
* Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
* Assist less experienced colleagues ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
* Take ownership of personal development in order to build professional capability
* Plan and prioritise own activities to ensure effective utilisation of time
You will ideally have a higher education qualification in civil engineering and four years proven experience. It is anticipated that the post holder will be looking to achieve Incorporated or Chartered status with a professional engineering institution.
The applicant will need to demonstrate they have the key skills / knowledge in the following areas:
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD, and ideally MicroDrainage
* Ideally experience of either working at or with a Local Authority
* Experience of working on both Local Authority and developer led schemes as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* Civil Engineering design to DMRB standards and Sewers for Adoption
* Understanding of the CDM Regulations
* Experience of Highways Development Management,
* Knowledge of public rights of way,
* Play a supporting role to the Principal Engineer
* Ability to work to tight timescales and budgets
* Team player
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Flexible and enthusiastic in approach
* Developing and motivating self and others
* Well organised
* High level of computer literacy including competency in the use of Microsoft Office
* Building excellent customer and client relationships
Working for the company you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join a programme which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.