- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Design Engineer
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a Electrical Design Engineer at their site in Cwmbran, South Wales.
To produce electrical (systems) design schemes and detail drawings that meet company, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet the program requirements
- To produce designs to meet specified cost/weight targets
- Design engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, suppliers & OEM's
- Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
- Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
- To check engineering packages
- From time to time, Design engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors
- Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, etc)
- Qualified to a minimum of a degree in an electrical engineering field. Alternatively a HNC / HND or an equivalent qualification in an Electrical Engineering field
- You will posses a demonstrated knowledge / experience of aircraft interior equipment and installation and preferably hold experience of CAD/CATIA V5 (electrical work bench preferred) as well as aircraft knowledge
- The applicant should have an understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes, as well as OEM installation requirements.
- Experience of working with Boeing and Airbus specifications for electrical equipment installation
- A working knowledge of the various methods of manufacture and test of electrical and electronic components
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.