- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Are you an experienced Systems Engineer looking for role in a large defence company? Would you be interested in working on cutting-edge technology for an exciting new warfare project?
My client are seeking Platform Systems Engineers to join the team within the Mode 5 IFF programme IPT (Integrated Project Team). They are operating as a Single Prime Contractor to the Ministry Of Defence with responsibility for Design, Installation and Support.
Working under direction from the UK Mode 5 IFF Platform IPT Engineering Lead, this position is a hands-on role ensuring Technical input is delivered for assigned platforms. The role will require:
- Applying your knowledge of systems engineering to undertake assigned activities, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
- Work closely with engineering and other functions within the IPT to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems
- Working to ensure delivery of the technical solution for the allocated platforms ahead of schedule, to achieve IOC and FOC.
- Working with PDOs and their technical team to ensure Maturity Design Gate Reviews are held and achieved ahead of schedule.
- Working hands on with guidance and support from internal specialists to ensure that all engineering aspects are considered and assessed through Maturity Design Gate Reviews to ensure design integrity, including Systems Architecture (MODAF) Human Factors, System Design, Configuration Management, ILS, Security, Safety and Interoperability with other platform systems.
- Update and maintenance of all platform documentation are completed for use with suppliers and delivery to the customer, including Platform Requirements Database (DOORS), and the Verification and Validation Requirements Matrix (VVRM)
- Completing tasks in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures to a high standard.
- The UK Mode 5 IFF programme is based across a number of UK sites, with the Project Control Office in Bristol and with operating bases across the UK
- Occasional travel outside the UK, working with suppliers, in particular in Italy.
- A degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience of the systems engineering lifecycle, with particular focus on early lifecycle phases
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking
- A proven track record in schedule adherence and achieving high standards
- Knowledge of new and existing Mode 5 IFF technologies and products
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics
- Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
- SC clearance
- Previous experience of working with IFF systems.
- Worked with Regulatory Authorities
- Worked with DE&S customer teams
- Previous experience in conducting End to End test planning and execution
- Hands on experience with some of the software tools used on the programme, DOORS, System Architect, Teamcenter, SAP is preferred. Where this is not available, experience in similar toolsets with a good understanding on how the capability works is required.
If successful, my client are offering the below:
- Competitive market rate
- Flexi hours with the possibility of leaving work at 12pm on Fridays
- Chance of working on cutting edge technology in one of the largest defence companies in the UK
- Prestige: You can be at the forefront of the provision of a truly significant defence programme
- Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW), with over 100 years of EW history
If you believe you might be the right person for the contract, please send us your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button below.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.