- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Excellent opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer to work on Automotive and Motorsport design projects. Previous experience of Analogue and Digital Electronics Design is required.
Based in Cambridge, this is an excellent opportunity for an Electronics engineer to join an exciting team developing new solutions within the automotive and motorsport sector. The role needs an engineer who enjoys hands-on hardware development to come to a robust product solution. Previous experience of Digital or Analogue Systems is essential, preferably with world leading product development
The role shall include the following responsibilities:
- Development of electronics hardware for automotive and motorsport products
- Circuit design, analysis and documentation
- Design verification and validation testing
- Appropriate documentation of the design to allow long term support of the product
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to create world leading solutions.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree qualified with a bias towards electrical and electronic engineering.
- Analogue and/or Digital electronics design experience, including detailed design work
- Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation
- Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex design concepts.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Analogue and Digital Electronics Experience, preferably including:
- Microprocessors, controllers and high speed digital design.
- Serial interfaces: I2C, SPI, UART
- Automotive interfaces: CAN, LIN, FLEXRAY, Broadreach
- Amplifiers, Filters
- Sensor signal conditioning.
- Ethernet interfacing.
- RF, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interfacing
- Power Electronics:
- Knowledge of Triac/SCRs, IGBTs & FET
- Power supply design
- DC Motor control
- Actuator drives.
- Design Techniques:
- Circuit simulation & design tolerance analysis
- Circuit electrical and thermal rating analysis
- Design for high volume manufacture
- Design for test, including JTAG, HALT, HAST
- Robust design including FMEA techniques.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.