- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Are you an experienced Systems Engineer looking for an exciting new contract? Does working in a large defence company on a cutting-edge warfare project seem appealing to you?
My client are looking for a system engineer involved in the development and delivery of Radar Electronic Warfare Systems based in Southampton. In this role, you will be responsible for a subsystem technical solution, which includes technical assurance of suppliers' products and liaison with customer, users and other relevant stakeholders.
The Systems Engineer will understand how the system will be used and how the technical solution is compliant to the system requirements. He/she will work with the user and customer community to develop the system use concepts and assess impacts of changes in the requirements and use concepts on the technical solution.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or engineering related discipline
- Experience applying Systems Engineering methods on defence systems engineering development projects, including requirements development, modelling, design review, verification and qualification
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally
- Cost and Schedule planning awareness
- Current SC clearance
- Requirements management and verification planning using IBM DOORS
- Electronic Warfare domain experience
- Plan own work to meet objectives in accordance with company processes.
- Make decisions that contribute to project success
- Select appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications
- Demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving, communicating fluently orally and in writing
- Present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work to meet time, quality and cost targets in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures
If successful, my client are offering the below:
- Competitive market rate
- Flexi hours with the possibility of leaving work at 12pm on Fridays
- Prestige: You can be at the forefront of the provision of a truly significant defence programme
- Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW), with over 100 years of EW history
If you believe you might be the right person for the contract, please send us your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button below.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.