This professional services based role will encompass refurbishment, strengthening and new build of a variety of different types of highway structures but will also work as part of a larger projects team covering planning, design, construction and project management.
- Assist in the Inspections and surveys of existing highway structures
- Contribute to the design and assessment of bridges and other highway structures including the preparation and analysis of structural models
- Assist in the preparation and detailing of construction drawings and other associated construction documentation such as specifications and health and safety information
- Support in the preparation of concept designs, production of feasibility/options reports or other technical reports and technical approval documentation
- Work closely with other team members and disciplines, including construction teams, to deliver projects on time and within budget utilising BIM when required
We're looking for:
- Civil Engineering or related degree to Bachelors or Masters level or equivalent
- Ideally starting to work towards Incorporated or Chartered Civil Engineer
- Some demonstrable experience in the practical and pragmatic design and construction of bridges, or other large structures and/or the associated drawing and detailing
- Some experience in the use of structural analysis software such as LUSAS and Superstress would be beneficial
- Some knowledge of highways standards is preferred, however an understanding of other structural design standards, such as Eurocodes is a requirement
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.