- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Excellent opportunity for a well rounded engineering professional whom has experience of running the operations of an engineering business, preferably from the Marine or similar industry background.
We are looking for a General Manager for a Marine engineering facility in the Bristol area. This business is predominantly involved in the steelwork & fabrication market with a core Marine customer base.
With ambtion to grow into new sectors this role would suit someone whom has a proven track record of running a business unit including commercial acumen and has grown revenue and won new business.
- Regular client communication
- Management of materials, plant, tools and hire equipment within your business unit
- To deal with any technical/operational queries raised by customers following issue of invoices
- Communicate with other business units and sites
- Take overall responsibility for the financial performance of your business unit
- Oversee and increase new business/sales
- Provide regular feedback on performance of your business unit and any issues arising
- Ensure compliance with SHE procedures when planning and undertaking works
- Deliver all works in accordance with the business quotation and relevant technical standards
- Ten years professional experience or recognised qualifications within your trade specialism
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English.
- High level of numeracy and literacy skills, with the ability to comfortably liaise using these particular skills in the presence of clients, Company Directors and employees
- People management skills
- Be prepared and confident to travel, as required, for the overall commercial gain of the business
- Full UK driving licence
If you could be interested in this opportunity and the prospect of joining a growing company at a very exciting time then please get in touch and call me on 01489898185 or apply to this advert.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.