- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for a Design Manager to work on a Nuclear Licensed site in Plymouth. As such we will be looking for some who ideally holds SC Level of Clearance or would be willing to undergo SC clearance.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management decisions
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Business Management System and Technical Manual - Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment
- Ensure design information is articulated to the Safety Manager to enable appropriate justification of the engineering / activities within the Facility Safety Case - Liaise with Engineering Services Technical Authority to ensure that Relevant Good Practice is employed - Develop and implement the Engineering Management Plan and ensure appropriate direction to ensure the delivery of technical requirements.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline or equivalent qualification.
Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.-
Nuclear: Nuclear introductory course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- Sound understanding and application of relevant:
- Industry legislation
* Industry Codes and Standards
* Design Engineering Practices
* Design Management (incl. Systems Engineering), planning and budgetary control
* Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements.
- The Design Manager must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of large scale and complex design development throughout the design lifecycle;
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements;
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience;
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications;
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear facilities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.