- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is one of the most progressive tech companies in the South East.Working in the high growth electric vehicle industry. Backed by significant investment they seek talented individuals to continue development and delivery high volume orders
Purpose of the Job:
To support and be part of the Facilities team and take ownership of business-critical facilities. To ensure infrastructure, utilities and facilities are provided reliably and safely to Manufacturing and Test operations at this new site.
- Manage the Horsham facility's contractors against contract and budget.
- Ensure site repairs and maintenance is carried out in a timely and safe fashion
- Carry out TPM activities (eg compressors, chillers, gas detections, HVAC, utilities supply, all critical equipment)
- Create processes for check lists, PMs, etc
- Manage packages of work to deliver improvement to existing and new facilities
- Identify areas for continuous improvement in performance, cost and reliability
- Work with KPI's such as MTBF and MTTR for all key systems
- Carry out minor installations to electrical and mechanical systems
- Willingness to work outside the normal working hours as emergencies and operational needs dictate, including participation in any call-out coverage scheme
- Complete planned and reactive maintenance work across the site
- Take ownership of facilities projects
- Manage contractors and be capable of dispute resolution where necassary
- If no electrical qualification you must have a braud understanding of electircal work and be able to carry out basic tasks.
- Able to estimate facilities related projects and to gain relevant quotes negotiating the best commercial terms possible for the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Supervising factory site facilities including security and contractors
- Fault finding (hands on and analytical) and root cause analysis
- Computer literacy
- Electrical qualification - minimum 18th Edition / City and Guilds
- Experience with TPM and a KPI driven environment
- Driving licence
- Experience of working with HVAC, BMS, clean rooms
- IoSHH trained or similar
- Champions a safety culture and always leads by example for safe working
- Is clear on business objectives and ensures work is carried out in line with them
- Pro-active, self-starting, open to new ideas and new directions
- Good team player, establishes strong collaborative approach across all stakeholders
- Role-models and champions company values and processes in all situations
- Excellent time management, reliable and dependable
Key Result Areas:
- Effective management of the Horsham site in terms of security and contractor management
- Correct functioning of all facilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Meets KPI's including 'equipment availability', repair time, TPM's on time etc
- Carry out planned maintenance on schedule and within budget
- Monitor and improve plant reliability and plant performance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.