- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Graduate/Junior Software Engineer
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a junior software engineer to them in developing and expanding their already diverse product portfolio within the marine electronics domain.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be;
- Produce software analysis, software design, C++ coding, software testing and documentation in line with the project requirements.
- Participate in preparing all specifications and documentation relating to a given product.
- Participate in peer reviews of team tasks.
- Take responsibility for own tasks
- Maintain strong departmental and inter-departmental communications.
- Keep in touch with the external environment - emerging technologies, technical innovations, changes in design practices and up to date tools.
As this is a junior role you will not be expected to complete all of these tasks immediately and training and support will be provided to you. Suitable applicants will have the following experience;
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject such as Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Those with equivalent relevant industry experience will be considered also.
- C++ Software coding experience
- Object Orientated design with UML
In addition to this anyone with additional experience in any of the below areas would be highly desirable;
- Multi-threaded programming
- Embedded development
- Device driver development
- Network ProtocolsQT/QML
- Embedded Linux
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.