- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our clients, based in Horsham, have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join their growing team.
This new role is to research, identify and document best practice processes and to support the introduction of Lean Manufacturing and capital project upgrades.
- To Lead the identification and documentation of all critical processes within the business.
- For each production process or machine the following should is to be produced; (Process Map, written operating procedure, technical manuals, spares list, maintenance plan, approved spares list, support service contract, staff training plan, KPI metrics, continuous improvement plan, capital upgrade plan where necessary, capacity calculation and OEE metrics.
- To implement record and maintain all the above information
- To maintain an accurate PID for the EPS moulding plant and a full annual maintenance plan.
- To ensure all activities comply with Health and Safety and Environmental legislation needs.
- To provide support and guidance to the maintenance team as required, including assisting with any daily breakdowns or technical issues outside of their capabilities.
- To support the introduction of Lean Manufacturing improvement tools such as LEAN, Six Sigma, 8D, 5Why and Kaizen workshops and to facilitate or lead these as required
- Assist in promoting and maintaining a well organised and tidy 5S based production facility, adherence to all Health & Safety requirements and compliance with Company policies
- To assist in the design and supply of any jigs, fixtures or tooling as required
- New Capital Projects To conduct product and process R & D activities to support the identification and adoption of new materials or products into the business or the creation of new faster processes
- To deliver strategic and capital improvement projects from inception through to conclusion, presenting options and recommendations
- For each approved project you will be expected to maintain a fully indexed and organised project folder, a detailed project plan, project deliverables, project timeline and implementation and delivery plan. A benefits or financial analysis submission should support a CAPEX submission and be followed up with a post implementation analysis.
- Any other tasks as required to support the business or at the request of the Operations Director
- Key skills/qualifications
- Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent Degree
- Lean Manufacturing skills and experience of implementating this and 6 Sigma
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Products and ERP Systems, 2D AutoCad or 3D Cad packages
- Full UK Driving licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.