- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware Engineer developing Radio communications products for the UK Emergency services and MOD.
We are looking for a hardware engineer to join a specialist and highly skilled team to design electronics for the UK Emergency services for security cleared projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn high speed digital design, FPGA and low power RF circuits from experts in the field (no experience in these areas required although understanding would be advantageous)
Your role will primarily be responsible for the design, development and test of electronic hardware, including low power microcontroller systems, high-speed microprocessor design, FPGA based systems and analogue circuitry, to include the design of digital interfaces, power supplies, memory and other peripherals.
PCB design/schematic experience would be advantageous (particularly Altium, as would any experience working with production teams.
This role will cover the full product lifecycle.
· Excellent hardware design experience (ideally analogue and digital)
· Ability to work with discrete components as well as integrated circuits
· A working knowledge of the following technologies would be an advantage: JTAG, USB, DSP, FPGA, TCP/IP.
· Experience of design of transmitters, receivers and antennas would be an advantage.
· Experience working on Security cleared projects or communications systems
· Experience of PCB design using Altium would be advantageous.
· Experience of low power RF design
· Experience of High speed digital or FPGA design.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.