- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Engineer C / C++
Our client are at the cutting edge of military communication and space systems. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer to forge a long term career within their growing business.
Reporting to the Head of Software, you will help develop new features and performances for a Software-Defined Radio using System-on-a-Chip technology. While you will be initially focused upon use within a single satellite communications system, it is the intent that the techniques and technology that are developed will be reused to create a product that can be sold in multiple systems. Because of this, the role has long-term stability and will be central to an important product-line providing industry-leading products to the market, which provides scope for building a fulfilling career with many options and scope for additional responsibilities and promotions through the life of the programme and products.
- Design, implement and test the software elements of a product in response to requirements set by the systems team. This will involve resolving technical needs in a solution, supporting the integration of this product into systems and learning new tools and techniques.
- Focus on embedded firmware, though we are willing to bring you up-to-speed if you have a willingness to learn this skill.
- Be open to learning new skills and applying new techniques, as it is expected that there will be considerable learning during the course of the project and product. The team has a long tradition of supporting the development of its members, involving them in the development of the products.
Your role will involve some travel
- Experience of C and C++, UML, Linux OS (FC, SUSE, Montivista). - Experience of development for real-time embedded systems.
Any experience in the following areas would be beneficial but not essential;
- Some appreciation or experience in the development of Modem Products or solutions for Software-Defined Radio platforms. - Some familiarity of Waveform Technologies including knowledge of commercially available products and best practice methodologies
- Knowledge of Satcom communications products, as well as networking.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.