- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Nuclear Safety Engineer
My client are looking for a number of Nuclear Safety Engineers to join their team based in Epsom and Bristol
Working within our Nuclear and Power business in Epsom, you will be in a unique position of being able to offer full concept through to detail design capability across some fantastic, inspirational projects. From our office we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield. By joining the vibrant Nuclear and Power Business, you will have the opportunity to work across the whole nuclear market from Decommissioning to Generation to New Build.
The role will entail providing safety case advice during the design, operation and decommissioning of nuclear facilities and for the production of all nuclear safety documentation as part of the Site Licence Conditions. Typical documents you should have some experience in authoring and will be expected to produce include the following:
- Hazard/fault identification studies e.g. HAZOP, FMEA, etc;
- Qualitative and Quantitative Hazard Assessments;
- Radiological Hazard Assessments;
- Probabilistic Safety Assessments;
- Safety Case preparation (e.g. EC, PMP, PSR, PCSR, LSS etc);
- Support to Engineering Substantiation studies;
- Safety management studies.
- Nuclear technology technical reports.
- EC production (Cat 1 and Cat 2)
- Fault studies
- AGR and PWR and BWR Station procedures and manuals.
- Design Authority technical reports
Other key aspects of the role will include mentoring others in a technical capacity, assisting in the production of bids and proposals, and implementing and contributing to safety initiatives. You will also liaise with operators, designers and clients, building a strong relationship with them.
You will enjoy approaching things in different ways to find the best possible fit - you like making improvements and consider different approaches, trying to find the best approach to fit whatever is the current context. As soon as you're presented with a problem, you are focused on how to resolve it, whatever it might be.
You don't just tackle these things alone. You like to engage with others, and especially enjoy watching people develop and grow in the team. You enjoy explaining complex ideas, helping people to 'get it', and then watch them go on and achieve more.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You enjoy getting to know people, and working out how you can have a positive impact on them - whether that's delivering something that a client needs, or helping someone to progress within the organisation.
In addition to having excellent communication, presentation and problem solving skills you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Honours Degree (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or closely related discipline (2:1 minimum).
- Chartered Engineer or in advanced stages of working towards chartership.
- Technical practitioner able to demonstrate good engineering judgement and with extensive experience in using fundamental engineering skills.
- Proven record of delivering technically challenging projects.
- Strong background in safety case production and hazard analysis
- Able to produce and review/correct high quality technical reports.
- Motivated and driven to meet delivery/cost targets without compromising quality.
- Awareness of their own technical limitations, and using the help and support of others to deliver.
- Sound commercial acumen.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.