- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Data and Information Manager
There is a contract opportunity for a Data and Information Manager to join our client based in Portsmouth, at their Broad Oak site, for an initial 4 months.
The Data and Information Manager (Direct report to the Head of IS&S) has accountability for the Information and Data capability within Maritime Services. The role is responsible for increasing the control, maturity and exploitation of data across the business. One of the key responsibilities is to identify new business opportunities & revenues through the use of data insights.
The role is responsibility for both Data Management and Data Exploitation which covers both internal service provision and external business contributing to the revenue targets of IS&S and the P&TS business.
Role is to:
- Manage, protect and mature the data assets of Maritime Services exploiting data assets to drive business information and efficency
- Manage Data Exploitation, Data Management and Data Visualisation leads to deliver Maritime Services business requirements both internally and externally
- Interface with peers in the MS extended leadership team to understand current and future demand for resource and tools capability and ensure resource requirements are proactively managed and fed into the PMO/resource function
- Takes full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting. Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing data and information
- Implement the General Management standards for BAE Systems, ensuring compliance with the Security Policy Framework and leverage other appropriate standards such as ISO27001, Cyber Essentials Scheme and other relevant Government frameworks
- Acts as a key point of contact for senior stakeholders and influencers and supports the safeguard of information through supporting business change.
The Data and Information Manager (Direct report to the Head of IS&S) will have accountability for the Information and Data capability within Maritime Services. The role will be responsible for increasing the control, maturity and exploitation of data across the business. One of the key responsibilities will be to identify new business opportunities & revenues through the use of data insights. The role has responsibility for both Data Management and Data Exploitation which covers both internal service provision and external business contributing to the revenue targets of IS&S and the P&TS business.
The Data and Information Manager will work with colleagues in the IS&S leadership team, other BAES peers and business stakeholders to set the overall dstrategy and objectives for the IS&S department and the I&D teams. The Data and Information Manager working closely inline with the Maritime Services Strategy, Enterprise Architecture and PMO/Resource functions will ensure the required capability is available to deliver the strategy and business
- Significant management experience of Data & Information Management including Data Analysis, Data Science, Business Intelligence and Information Management.
- Working Knowledge of relevant Data & Information Management standards and Best practice Methodologies
- Profit and Loss experience and strategic thinker
- Experience working with senior Business and IT stakeholders to set data management strategy and formulate data initiatives' delivery roadmaps
- Strong communication, facilitation and issue resolution skills to make the business case for data management, secure organisational alignment and resources to drive through data management initiatives
- Perceived as a strong advocate for data management and should be a relentless champion for data as a corporate asset.
- Understand the costs and benefits of data management as it relates to complex data programmes
- Relevant Data Science degree or Information Management degree, experience in consultancy or people management position.
Budget responsibility (£):
- Has a high level of commercial awareness and budget management capability. Will have budget responsibility up to £5m and contribute to a £30m cost overhead and a £10m Revenue business
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.