- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Geotechnical Site Engineer / Geologist
Reporting to a GI Project Manager, the successful applicant will be joining an experienced and enthusiastic team, and will be responsible for supporting ground investigation and geotechnical services to a ranging client base across the UK.
Accountabilities within the role;
- Confident and knowledgeable of ground investigation techniques
- Prepare Health & Safety documentation prior to and during the site works phase, as well as assisting with managing the Health & Safety of operatives and promoting a safe working environment.
- Responsible for the planning, supervision and programming of Ground Investigation projects at locations throughout the United Kingdom.
- Logging of Soil and Rock in accordance with the specification and BS5930:2015.
- Keeping accurate field records of tasks performed.
- Act as a Site Agent or a support role, supervising multiple activities and staff for short and longer term projects.
- Performing in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with the specification and current technical standards.
- Liaise with Clients / Engineers / Main Contractors throughout the site works phase.
- Managing and collating site data using company software systems.
- Assist in the compilation of monthly financial project accounts.
- Be able to write factual reports.
- Carry out work in accordance with company Health and Safety rules.
- 3 - 5 years relevant site and industry experience
- Awareness of GI specifications, procedures, techniques, standards and codes of practice
- Knowledge of HoleBASE SI and AGS 4 data
- Experience working in dynamic office environment
- Awareness and ability to implement Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Qualified to degree level in a geotechnical discipline
- Computer literate and competent in use of MS Office to create spreadsheets and documents for effective reporting, communication and record keeping
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Mobility, flexibility and commitment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.