- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
NATS are looking for a Safety Engineer to join their team on a 12 month initial contract basis. Due to the nature of this role the ideal candidate must be eligible to obtain SC Clearance.
- Production of the assurance plans, arguments and collating the evidence for the Change Assurance documentation covering the Safety Management and Business Continuity / Service Resilience assurance and risks including contributions from Systems / Software Assurance, Airspace Design, Human Factors and Cyber Security.
- Providing the assurance support and deliverables for a specific specialism such as Safety Management, Airspace Design assurance, Human Factors, System Integrity / Software Assurance for the efficient and effective delivery of the change assurance.
- Ensuring assurance activities for Programmes and Projects are in compliance with the Company and Programme policies, procedure, processes, guidelines and plans. .
- Carrying out the required analysis to understand Hazards and Failure Modes in order to set assurance targets, objectives and requirements and undertake detailed analysis / assessment to demonstrate that these can be met.
- Ensuring that that the assurance arguments are reasonable, well constructed and justified.
- Adopting a pro-active approach to ensure that any change assurance issues affecting the integrity of technical services and/or the safety and assurance of Operations are identified and resolved or raised to the appropriate responsible / accountable manager.
- Preparing and gaining approval for Project Change Assurance documentation (and updates to existing Safety Cases and Assurance documents where necessary). Also where requested, presenting the results to stakeholders such as Senior Managers, NATS Corporate Safety, Operations Managers and the Regulator (CAA Safety and Airspace Regulation Group (SARG)).
- In conjunction with the Senior Change Assurance Manager (or equivalent Project Safety or System Integrity Manager) is responsible for providing assurance support and advice to stakeholders including influencing the service / system design / Airspace design and the implementation of design changes to satisfy derived requirements (as required).
- Providing the focal point for the assurance aspects on assigned projects including the Safety Management and Technical Assurance aspects for the NATS Corporate Safety (Directorate of Safety), Operations Safety and CAA SARG, as required.
- The applicant is expected to hold, as a minimum, a HND preferably in an engineering or assurance-related discipline and have relevant experience in the planning, design, development and assessment of multi-discipline assurance for safety related systems and services.
- Preferably having experience in and understanding of the operational and engineering aspects or air traffic control systems. Such as knowledge of Operational Voice Communications systems, Radar / Surveillance systems, Flight Data Processing system etc. Knowledge of the principles and practices for providing assurance (such as those applied for safety, security, business continuity, human factors, software development) as applied to the design and development of systems and services to support the delivery of the NATS Operational service.
- Knowledge of the principal tools, techniques and methods of safety and assurance, such as hazard analysis, failure analysis, requirements setting, design assessment, risk assessment, requirements satisfaction, assurance argument and documentation construction.
- Good written communication skills, with an ability to adopt style and approach, rapidly assimilate information, and prepare and deliver presentations to a good standard in short timescales.
- Appreciation of the implications of Availability, Reliability and Maintainability and Integrity upon Operational Systems.
- Appreciation of the issues associated with Human Factors and Software to the safe delivery of Operational services
This role is inside IR35
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.