- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
There are four contract opportunities for Software Engineers to join Matchtech's key client based near Dunfermline.
In order to deliver on existing and prospective contracts at Hillend, there is a forecast demand for software engineering resources exceeding those currently available. The demand is for engineers capable of delivering at all phases of the development lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, test and qualification) producing software solutions for training and simulation systems supporting Air, Land and Marine platforms.
Do you want to write software for the UK's latest frontline fighter, augmented/virtual reality trainers for nuclear submarines or even 3D mission planning systems for Typhoon and Hawk jets? Interested in using machine learning on big data to maximise availability for aircraft, ships and land vehicles or developing web based solutions to keep airspace safe? Or even producing software to optimise the timetables on the London Underground?
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued?
· Ownership of requirements, design, implementation and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
· Software development of solutions
· Testing of completed functionality
· Adherence to project processes and software development practices
· Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
· Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
· Production of appropriate technical documentation
· Design of technical solutions
· Estimation of development activities
· As part of the software team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer:
Proven competence in:
· Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
· Desktop-based applications (Java and Eclipse RCP or C#/C++)
· Windows or Linux target environments
· Object-oriented design/development including UML
· Competence in Software Configuration Management tools.
What we're looking for in you:
You should be able to demonstrate:
· A 'can do' attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
· Self-organisation and good time management
· You are innovative and able to drive improvement
· You take responsibility for own & team work packages and for delivery
· Experience of mentoring more junior staff and leading teams is desirable
· Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, together with relevant knowledge and experience.
You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.