- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Traffic Order Maker
A Traffic Order Maker required to fulfil the Council's responsibility to comply with the Government's statutory procedures when making experimental and permanent Traffic Orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
- Responsible for all stages of drafting and making experimental and permanent Traffic Orders.
- Responsible for carrying out all stages of consultation with statutory consultees, emergency services, members, interested bodies or individuals as specified in the Local Authority Procedure Regulations 1996.
- Responsible for advertising the Public Notices of the proposed and the finalised Traffic Orders, in the local press and London Gazette, as specified in the Procedure Regulations.
- Responsible for liaison with the Council's legal section
- Regarding proposed Public Notices/Orders and the lodging of documents on deposit at the Councils reception, for public viewing;
- To arrange signing/sealing of the finalised Orders by the Mayor;
- To seek guidance or clarification on any points of law when drafting the Public Notices/Orders.
- Responsible for undertaking administrative/technical duties, including dealing with technical enquiries and liaising with outside organisations such as the Police, etc.
- Ensure compliance with agreed procedure regulations and monitoring the progress of all correspondence.
- Maintain records and arrange distribution as necessary and undertake such things as filing, copying and uploading to the team site.
- Assist Traffic Engineers with traffic related matters.
- Assists other teams within the council on issues relating to Traffic Orders, being a first point of call for this.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating PARKMAP database and Statmap Earthlight to enable use by other Council employees.
- Responsible for updating Traffic Orders and keeping abreast of legislative changes relating to traffic and highways law.
- Responsible for raising purchase orders and advertising of public notices in local newspapers and London Gazette
- Any other duties within the scope of the grade as may be required from time to time.
- Providing professional Traffic Order-related advice to the client and other stakeholders.
- Following set procedures precisely; and taking the initiative to ensure all Traffic Orders are correctly and legally made within this framework.
- Reporting to the client in detail on the results of public consultations with recommendations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.