- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
ITS Design Engineer
An ITS / Traffic Signals Engineer is required to undertake traffic signal design and installation projects using traffic control technology.
- To be responsible for undertaking traffic signal design and implementation projects.
- To be responsible for undertaking Intelligent Transport System (ITS) design and implementation projects.
- Produce and check design and construction drawings and specifications.
- Produce and check construction and scheme tender documents.
- Checking controller configurations at Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Carrying out Site Acceptance Tests (SAT).
- Prepare project briefs and scheme estimates for traffic signal/ITS projects
- To liaise with and assist with managing contractors.
- To work with colleagues in the commercial and construction tams to deliver projects.
- To ensure the designs comply with the CDM Regulations.
- Work to the required quality, programme and budget, whilst complying with local and national standards/specifications
- To provide project progress, budgetary and performance information.
- To actively seek efficiencies in all activities.
- Line management and development of junior staff
- To deputise for the Senior Engineers as required.
- Provide support/advice to the Design team Technicians and the ITS Maintenance team as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of traffic signal and ITS design and implementation and/or operation and maintenance. Or ability to apply existing demonstrable knowledge and experience of highways design, or relevant utility/communications/technology/SmartCity fields to the traffic signal/ITS field
- Ability to produce designs and technical specifications for traffic signal or ITS schemes, highways designs, or utilities/communications projects.
- Knowledge and application of relevant design standards and specifications.
- Knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including CDM Regulations.
- Proven experience of consistently delivering projects to quality, programme and budget.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to manage junior staff to deliver ITS Design service.
- Familiar with traffic signal control strategies including VA, UTC/SCOOT and MOVA
- Experience of liaising with contractors.
- Experience of working with UTMC systems or other relevant electronic control and management systems.
- Experience of using LINSIG software or like model traffic signal junctions.
- Experience of undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance testing (SAT)/commissioning and validation.
- Ability to prepare reports with a high technical content.
- Ability to write controller configuration forms and technical specifications.
- Ability to deliver projects to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ability to deputise for senior staff in the team.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.