- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Systems Engineer
There are requirements for 6 x Senior Systems Engineers to join Matchtech's key client, these positions can be based from Frimley, Weymouth and Ash Vale, which will move to Frimley in 2020.
- Supporting the development of design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
- Ensuring that technical and performance requirements of the combat systems and products are correctly identified, and working at the relevant point of the engineering lifecycle to ensure that these systems are designed, built, integrated and accepted into service, with the correct level of authority. This will also include working with suppliers and the military users of our equipment.
- Providing technical support to shipbuilder installation and/or integration activities (included in-service refitting authorities). You will have or develop an understanding of the customer Operational Defect (OPDEF) and maintenance processes to be able to provide specialist technical advice as required.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science)
- Understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- Understanding of system design techniques such as Object Oriented Analysis/Design
- Recognition of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
You will be self-motivated and proactive individual with the ability to absorb knowledge from technical experts in order to develop your own skills. You will also possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
We welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help us ensure that we provide the best products into submarines.
*Please note that you must be SC cleared / clearable and a Sole British National to apply*
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.