The role of a Service Engineer is to conduct scheduled planned maintenance on material handling trucks located at our customers' premises. The Service Engineer is responsible for maintaining equipment to a high standard whilst providing excellent customer service.
- Carry out planned maintenance to pre-determined schedules and document fully.
- Carry out rebuilds on all Linde trucks.
- Identify faulty or sub-standard equipment through the use of industry expertise, diagnostic software, Guidance Notes (GN's) and/or specialist advice.
- Inspect lifting chains & forks in accordance with relevant GN's.
- Ensure all safety related guards and protective circuits are functional.
- Compile reports detailed damage &/or abuse.
- Identify spare parts through the use of LSG or appropriate pats lists.
- Compile parts orders, submit to parts dept and expedite where applicable.
- Complete weekly activity sheet and submit within published timescale.
- Observe Health & Safety requirements at all times.
- Report all accidents and near miss events as required.
- Dispose of waste oils, lubricants and contaminated waste appropriately.
- Observe speed limits and operate equipment in accordance with FTT requirements.
- Ensure all PPE is worn as required, maintained to safe standard & replaced accordingly
The successful candidate will be able to communicate with people of all levels whilst working as part of a team, keeping relevant team members informed, (including the Service Desk) of what jobs and breakdowns they are doing and any information which is necessary as part of a job handover. When working as part of a team they will also be required to maintain the company Service standards and work together to meet the teams required performance metrics and KPI's. Applicants will ideally have a fork-truck engineering background and/or qualifications, will be skilled in engine and Battery powered trucks and will hold a driving licence and be computer literate.