- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Service Automation Engineer
My client, a large technology supplier for the food processing industry, is looking for a Service Automation Engineer to join their growing team.
This role is ideal for candidates based within the M62 corridor.
This role will involve a high amount of travel throughout the UK. You may also be required to travel abroad.
Overview of the role:
Provide service support
Perform corrective, preventative and predictable maintenance services
Troubleshoot a range of processing equipment
Carry out programming/program modifications to existing equipment and lines
You will be expected to also participate in the out of hours support team rota
- As a Service Automation Engineer, you will have full responsibility for performing duties at a customer site or remotely. This will include:
- Software creation
- Changes to existing/new software
- Service work
- Commissioning activities
- Troubleshooting (site and remote)
- Complete detailed technical reports and supporting documentation
- Adhere to GEA and customer safety regulations
Required skills and qualifications:
- Experienced working within a Food, Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry
- Degree or Technical Certification within Software, Controls, Automation, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Experienced providing automation support in a similar position, including installation, commissioning and servicing of automation equipment
- PLC and SCADA programming and fault finding (ideally with Rockwell/Allen Bradley systems)
- A high-level understanding of automation systems (Instrumentation, Drives, Industrial Networking and Virtualisation)
- This role will require a high amount of travel and your role may require adapting to change, so willingness and flexibility to do this is essential
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Good attention to detail, ensuring your work meets quality standards
- Able to perform well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT literate
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.