- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This role will need both a strong Engineering and Management background.
Managing the Manufacturing Engineering team in accordance with the requirements of the business and by the priorities of New Product Development, H&S, Quality, Delivery and Cost. Ensuring that objectives, projects and tasks are defined and monitored to completion.
Primary Objectives & Responsibilities
- Ensure high quality product launches by providing manufacturing engineering support to design, build and validate assembly fixtures and/or cells
- Investigate and introduce new manufacturing technologies to drive OTD, quality and GMX
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of production and test equipment
- Drive the functional excellence of the Manufacturing Engineering team
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports, providing them with effective performance feedback and career development planning
- Drive continuous improvements in quality, cycle times, processes, machine availability, value engineering to enhance the site productivity and remove waste
- Lead validation plans/audits in the Production environment
- Manage the resources of the Manufacturing Engineering team, ensuring prioritation of projects and staffing levels with a mix of daily tactical tasks and longer-term strategic initiatives
- Drive cost reduction exercises through engineering and process improvements
- HND/HNC in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
- Practical experience/knowledge of vacuum, pressure, welding, soldering, wiring systems and use
- Design experience with any professional CAD (Altium/Solid works)
- Programming experience with Labview and National Instruments equipment
- Capital expenditure justification with payback analysis
- External contractor management to support servicing, repair and upgrade of site machines
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.