- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Are you an Obsolescence Engineer looking for your next challenge? Would you be interested in working in a large defence company on cutting-edge technology?
My client are looking for an engineer to provide support to our obsolescence service within the company. The successful candidate will liaise closely with the Integrated Project Teams, internal stakeholders, work share partners and engineering and procurement functions. Main duties will include but not be restricted to reacting rapidly and effectively to Obsolescence issues in order to maintain the company's product range and the customer's capability to operate.
There is some flexibility on where the role is based (Edinburgh, Basildon, Bristol), however this role will involve travel within the UK to other company sites and customer locations.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Undertake Obsolescence investigations of components used in both our main and test equipment's, present where necessary mitigation options for solution to the relevant stakeholders, this can include last time buy opportunities, recommendation of alternative components, asset management.
- Work with the company's internal stakeholders and work share partners on current and anticipated obsolescence issues.
- Creation and upkeep of multiple product selected component lists that include component life cycle statuses, stock and consumption data and associated health status reporting to the internal stakeholders.
- Be responsible for updating Obsolescence issues within the Company's project SharePoints and Obsolescence Management System databases.
- Provide specialist knowledge to other areas to enable effective closure of customer queries.
- Produce product Obsolescence Status reports as required by contract or other functional areas.
- Assist in producing Product Obsolescence Management Plans.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Possess articulate verbal and written communication skills to enable effective dialogue with other functional areas and stakeholders.
- Possess excellent data analytical skills for analysis and manipulation of excel spreadsheets.
- HNC or equivalent and 10 years' experience in an Avionic Electronic Component Engineering environment with a firm understanding of Integrated Logistic Support. SAP knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Obsolescence Management BS EN IEC 62402:2019. Membership of or will consider working towards IIOM International Institute of Obsolescence Management accretion.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive market rate
- Flexi hours with the possibility of leaving work at 12pm on Fridays
- Prestige: Chance of working on cutting edge technology in one of the largest defence companies in the UK
- Influence: You will be using your knowledge and experience to lead the technical solution across the division
- Team Work: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Connections: you will be joining a team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage, reaching back in excess of 100 years. Today we are providing the latest advances in airborne electronic systems and you can be a part of the next 100 year legacy.
If you think you are suitable for this role, please click the 'Apply' button.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.