- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Engineer - Yeovil - BAE070794 - 6 Months
Our client, a world-leader within the Defence industry, is a principle sub-contractor on the F35 programme and is responsible for a number of systems including Prognostics and Health Management.
They are currently providing a software development capability into their Samlesbury site on a number of their F-35 Prognostics and Health Management development and sustainment projects.
The F-35 Software Developer will work as part of a team of engineers that will be located across different sites and will be responsible for the requirements, development and low level testing of software products that will be delivered into the Prognostics and Health Management Systems. This role is based in Yeovil although some travel to Samlesbury may be required.
Key Responsibilities of Role:
* Completion of design, implementation and low level test activities to agreed deadlines with acceptable quality.
* Investigation of issues including the recommendation and implementation of technical solutions.
* Pro-active reporting of progress, issues, risks and opportunities to Team Leads.
* Regular meetings and communication with other team members / organisations that could be located across different sites.
* Java 7 / Java 8.
* Experience of Web Application product development using Java and understanding of contemporary technologies.
* Object Oriented Design knowledge / experience
* Eclipse / NetBeans IDE experience.
* Structured Query Language (SQL) and programmatic use of databases.
* Parquet and / or Avro data storage formats
* Knowledge of REST APIs and / or Kafka
* Business Intelligence tools (example Power BI, Jasper Reports)
This role requires full Security Clarence (SC) prior to working onsite.
You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain Security Clearance.
This role involves direct access to ITAR Materials, therefore we can only consider a sole British National for this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.