- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a Major defence communication systems business currently seeking an experienced test engineer with experience of ATE development to join them in their Farnborough offices.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Production Test Support -- Train production test personnel on the theory of operation of company products.
- Support test on problems too complex for production tester.
- Analyse test problems and inform the project test engineer when a design problem exists.
- Develop / prove test rigs, fixtures plus associated automatic test equipment and control software.
- Control and issue all chemical substances within the Operations facility, ensuring that COSHH regulations are adhered to.
- Maintain "Vantage" terminals, in conjunction with Fort Wayne process planning to minimise down time.
- Test / repair military radio (s) and keep precise records of all repairs.
- Assist others in the department when needed.
- Special Test Equipment - Prepare schematic; design; order parts; fabricate; prototype wire; and checkout test equipment and test fixtures used in production test to functionally check the product.
- Test Procedures - Write production test procedures from engineering specifications to assure that the product is being adequately tested in every parameter required.
- Assembly - Performs assembly/test/repair of highly complex assemblies used in military communications.
- Administrative - Assists on cost reduction and records to identify problem areas in test.
- Conduct system acceptance and/or qualification and/or type test.
- Equivalent Education Level Required - HNC or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven experience as a Test Engineer in a high technology area.
- A comprehensive knowledge of electronic products including some mechanical understanding.
- A working knowledge of PC operating system (NT4, Win2K, XP), Networking (TCP/IP), ATE s/w control (GRIP, Visual Basic, SQL). Good numerical and mathematical skill is required as well as an ability to analyse / debug ATE code.
- Some experience of LabVIEW or TestStand.
- Requires ability to communicate well with others, at all levels.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.