- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Engineering Lead
Do you have project manager experience in engineering and are looking for a new challenge?
My client is looking for a Project Engineering Lead (PEL) support cutting-edge projects on a contrcat basis. This lead role will be primarily focused on engineering development activities, providing management, technical direction and leadership in conjunction with the Chief Engineer.
The PEL will be responsible for the Engineering technical solution, schedule and budget, engineering milestone adherence. The PEL will be working closely with the suppliers and internal stakeholders to agree the optimal technical solution and manage the Engineering deliverables.
The PEL will be responsible for creating and owning the Engineering Management Plans and ensuring that the Engineering aspects of the projects are delivered in accordance with Company Life Cycle Management process, company and legislative standards and be responsible for the planning and managing the maturity design reviews.
Additional responsibilities will be to work in conjunction with the Capability and Marketing & Sales functions to plan, deliver to and support Customer Trials, in the UK and overseas.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To promote an IPT approach during Customer engagement and facilitate compliant cost, schedule and technical solutions by working effectively with all internal stakeholders including the Engineering functions and the Manufacturing and Supply chain.
- Work with the Engineering teams to:
- Generate candidate concept solutions including the results of any de-risk studies
- Deliver a design solution that maximises the re-use of existing 'resources', is producible, robust and works in its environment, i.e. is fit for purpose
- Manage multi-disciplined Engineering teams, ensuring that roles within the teams are clearly defined
- Manage the Engineering technical quality, schedule and budget
- Identify technical risks and mitigation strategies
- Support the management of Suppliers and project Make or Buy decisions as required
- Manage upward reporting and management of Customer expectations in line with agreed solution
- Control project configuration and change management
- Ensure that the design rationale is documented
- Input to the Project Cost Review Board (PCRB) process for UPC management
- Work with the Capability function to plan Customer demonstrations.
- Working with manufacturing to deliver agreed solutions to trials, including arranging export clearances, support equipment and resources.
- Ensure effective implementation of the company's Lifecycle Management, including Design & Gate Reviews and Processes, to:
- Agree qualification & acceptance criteria and design certification
- Validating and Meeting Targets for Development of Design Maturity
- Be responsible for all engineering aspects of the monthly Project Performance Reviews
- Ensuring compliance with Regulatory and Safety Standards
- Work with Engineering Function management to ensure a capable and resourced team is deployed to execute the work packages
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Good problem solving ability
- Good schedule and budget control
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong leadership competency but also can demonstrate team working skills
- Knowledge of engineering lifecycle and business process.
- Good understanding of RF systems with ESM and ECM being desirable
- Commercially aware
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive market rate
- Flexi hours with the possibility of leaving work at 12pm on Fridays
- Prestige: Chance of working on cutting edge technology in one of the largest defence companies in the UK
- Influence: You will be using your knowledge and experience to lead the technical solution across the division
- Team Work: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Connections: you will be joining a team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage, reaching back in excess of 100 years. Today we are providing the latest advances in airborne electronic systems and you can be a part of the next 100 year legacy.
If you believe you are the right person for the role, please click the 'Apply' button.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.