- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Would you like the chance to work for a leading manufacturer of cables and systems for power transmission and distribution industries?
Brand new opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join my client's fast-paced production environment basis in Aberdare, South Wales.
This is a shift-patterned role (4-on, 4-off/ 2x 12 hour days and 2x 12 hour nights).
Overview of the role:
The role is responsible for identifying and driving improvement activities. It will require a high level of technical expertise including PLC systems, AC / DC drives and the latest electrical technologies and automation techniques.
This is a hands-on position, working alongside a team of Maintenance Technicians, as well as other Maintenance Engineers, supporting the maintenance team and delivering through their experience.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:-
* Ensure adherence and improvement in all safety and environmental standards.
* Provide hands-on, practical support to a team of multi-skilled technicians
* Ensure site services, including HV switchgear, electrical distribution systems, process water and compressors are monitored and maintained.
* Support / manage project activity
* Support the achievement of all maintenance measures, including; PPM Completion %, Shift Task Close Out Ratio, Machine Downtime, Breakdown and fault reduction activity, meantime between failure, meantime to repair, etc
* Implement lean / continuous improvement activity and strategy to improve performance and drive site sustainability.
* Support the identification and implementation of actions to minimise conversion costs, with specific focus on Energy and Maintenance spend.
* Identify and implement innovative technical solutions
* Take responsibility for aspects of direct line leadership of the maintenance team, Co-ordinating activities across all shift patterns.
* Support the development of Maintenance Technicians in relation to electrical activities
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in an electrical engineering discipline (desirable)
- Candidates with a HNC alongside significant relevant experience will also be considered.
- Good understanding of electrical control principles and hardware
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent process based knowledge and project management skills
Able to deal with complex problems, in a pressured environment with the ability to implement solutions to ensure safe production continuity
Self-Starter / Motivated
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Private Healthcare
- Health Cash Plan
- On site car parking
- Share scheme option
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.