- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a number of Systems Engineers at various levels from Junior through to Principal.
Looking for candidates with some experience working in a mechanical or electrical Systems Engineering environment.
Aerospace Systems Engineer
We are seeking System Engineers of a variety of levels to work within out project teams. Building strong relationships with our customers and proving a high level of System Engineering to support requirements. With successful support and delivery of ongoing projects and customers throughout the UK, further business development is creating the demand for a range of skillsets. With our head office in Bristol, current requirements exist in the South West. If you are interested in working on a range of cutting-edge projects, with a variety of customers, please get in touch.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
- System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
- Ensure Specialty Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is "engineered in"
- Writing interface control documentation.
Skills & Knowledge
We have a variety of levels ranging from Entry to Principal, role seniority will be based on knowledge or experience of the below;
- Left hand side of the V-model - Requirements and Design in Mechanical / Electrical fields. Ideally Landing Gears or Braking systems
- Development of SE plans (e.g. requirements management, validation, verification).
- Requirements development (creation, cascading, validation, management / configuration), including tools such as DOORS.
- Functional architecture development, including tools such as Rhapsody.
- Verification (functional testing), using a range of customised, automated tools where appropriate.
- Experience with customer support dealing with people face to face
- Good time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to show your own initiative
- Willingness to work within a consultancy environment that may require some UK based travel
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.