- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My consultancy client is looking for a Civil engineer or assistant civil engineer to join their Water infrastrcuture team based in Reading.
The client is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. We place sustainability at the heart of our organisation and have built world-class reputations in a variety of disciplines.
The business' clients are involved in a range of activities, from the development of housing and offices to the provision of major infrastructure schemes. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy.
We are now seeking to recruit an Engineer or Assistant Engineer within our Water Management team based at our Reading offices.
You will be working in an established and successful Water Management team delivering projects for both the public and private sector, covering a range of disciplines including river engineering, reservoir engineering, flood mitigation schemes, river and lake restoration and drainage design among others.
* Leading and preparing the project design for the above mentioned disciplines
* Managing the production of design drawings and technical information.
* Co-ordination, client liaison and financial budget control for our projects.
* Contract preparation, administration and site supervision.
* Supervising and coordinating work of more junior team members
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver who is able to develop their own solutions to meet our Client requirements. You will be a team player, who has a BEng/MEng degree in Civil Engineering and has achieved or is working towards chartered status.
* Be experienced in civil and structural engineering design within the water management environment
* Have experience of construction contract and specification preparation (ideally NEC Suite / CESWI).
* Have experience and understanding of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office programmes and other relevant software packages.
* Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports.
* Have experience in liaison, consultation and chairing meetings with third parties and clients.
* Have the ability to effectively manage resources.
* Experience and understanding of SAND, WALLAP and other detailed design software packages would be an advantage but is not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.