- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Looking for a new Opportunity for 2020?
Looking to step into more of a managerial role?
Main Purpose of the Job
As a Workshop Engineer operating within the customer workshop - Wincanton you will be responsible for contributing to the efficient overall operation of the business, supporting the day to day requirements of the customer Wincanton
- Repair and maintain Fork lift trucks and any other equipment documenting assigned jobs onto Engineering Laptop.
- Order the necessary spare parts as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure that appropriate feedback is given to the necessary departments. i.e. hire, sales and service all with regard to progress of work.
- Liaise with management for authorisation of parts spend over the permitted values.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork / data input into computer is completed accurately and within the stipulated time period.
- Ensure all allocated work is adhered to and to notify Manager or Team leader if there are any problems.
- Ensure that all stock levels/movement records are accurate and correct.
- Take on any additional duties as directed by the Manager to ensure efficient running of the department.
- Participate and contribute to team discussions as required.
- Attend training as advised.
- Comply with all Health and Safety rules and regulations within the Linde Group and on customer and supplier sites, together with observance of the KION Code of Compliance.
- Ensuring clean, tidy & safe working areas at all times. Setting high standards of safety at work
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will hold an NVQ level 3 qualification in engineering, or equivalent, and demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal. In addition, candidates must be reliable, approachable and be passionate about representing the company.
If this role is of interest, please feel free to get in touch with Amy Lapworth, 01489 898833 / email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.