- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition.
As an Engineering Manager you will be integral to ensuring technical solutions meet the needs and requirements of our armed forces allowing you the opportunity to enhance and demonstrate your knowledge and skills, whilst working on some of the UK's largest and most complex engineering projects. Advising on technical problem solving, you will manage planning abilities to resolve complex engineering problems, whilst defining technical requirements to manage solution development and ensure compliance with customer requirements.
This position will allow you the opportunity to grow and utilise your skills and knowledge to help DE&S/SDA ensure the armed forces are capable of operating in the most demanding environments. Through maintaining a right first-time approach to solution implementation, you will demonstrate your collaborative nature and your ability to adopt to new ways of working. Above all, you will be diverse and flexible in your approach.
As an Engineering Manger some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
· Managing technical risk and understanding concept design
· Managing contracts relating to engineering requirements
· Supporting equipment/issues with kit
· Liaising with industry partners and wider organisations to build and construct engineering projects
· Managing projects through time, performance and cost
· Stakeholder management, using professional communication skills and the ability to break down engineering terminology to internal project teams and to external industry partners
Our people stay with us because of the variety of opportunities within DE&S across Land, Air, Sea and now Space, with the ultimate focus on the Armed Forces and not shareholders. DE&S is committed to delivering world-class equipment and services through enabling a high performing workforce. One of the ways we achieve this is by being committed to the development of our employees. Learning will be delivered through a blended approach, from learning on the job to exposure to peers, subject matter experts, mentors and coaches. You will also have the opportunity to learn through formal training and study. The Engineering Function achieves this blended approach by offering:
· Career pathways which cross not only engineering disciplines but also our full spectrum of operating environments
· Discipline sponsored learning events
· Engineering forums
· Access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities. These include sponsoring several technical qualifications (up to and including post graduate).
· Support to staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Ultimately our learning and development support will help you develop the technical skills that DE&S seek and value.
To be successful you will have demonstrable evidence of contributing to either the design, development, manufacture, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes or services. You will have effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical matters, and be committed to professional engineering values.
DE&S have opportunities across a wide range of disciplines so if you have experience in Electronics, Power, Systems, Naval Architecture, Nuclear and more, please do not hesitate to apply. Prior experience within industry or ex-military experience is also highly advantageous.
In order to be considered for this role you must have:
· Technical Engineering qualification approved by a licensed professional engineering institution at Level 3 or equivalent
· Ability to achieve Eng Tech registration within 6 months of appointment
You must also show evidence of experience of your ability to:
· Interact with the customer and colleagues to define and implement scopes of work covering engineering activity using an assortment of different tools and techniques
· Develop and update detailed engineering management schedules including the preparation and management of any remedial actions required
· Ensure appropriate engineering / technical services are delivered such that engineering risk is managed to an appropriate level at equipment, platform and service provision
· Promote and foster positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to understand, simplify and explain subject matter to non-engineers and senior stakeholders.
Please not that this role will not involve any man-management but will involve management of stakeholders and suppliers.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.