- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Contract Systems Engineer
My client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their Engineering team working on a variety of Cyber or Electronic Warfare projects. Due to the nature of this role the ideal candidate must be SC Cleared.
The Tech You'll Use
We use a range of different Systems Engineering development methodologies, standards and lifecycles covering everything from traditional V model to agile and iterative. We leverage tools such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect and Rhapsody with scripting and automated testing using Python, DXL, C++ and C#.
Opportunities Available To You:
- Take ownership of some aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle for development projects.
- Act as the Technical Authority/Systems Architect for sub-systems.
- Provide technical leadership to small engineering teams and the opportunity to influence the wider business to improve the way Systems Engineering is executed.
- Contribute to the generation of technical proposals, bids and presentations.
- Lead the implementation of design solutions liaising closely with Software, Electronic design and Mechanical design teams.
- Drive the test and qualification strategy for solutions and sub-systems.
- Opportunities to participate in trials, customer demonstrations and onsite acceptance testing in a range of countries worldwide.
- Opportunities to progress to Engineering Management or engineering strategy roles within other areas of the company.
- Experience of leading engineering development projects through many parts of the systems lifecycle from concept definition through to handover to the customer.
- Experience of requirements capture, decomposition and establishing verification strategies for embedded systems.
- Experience of working closely with low level design teams in electronic design, mechanical design and software.
- Some experience of leading or mentoring junior engineering staff.
- Relevant industry experienced in either the Defence, Aerospace or other complex embedded environments.
- Experience in either Cyber Security and/or Radio Frequency (such as Electronic Warfare, Communications or Radar) is preferred, but not essential.
- Ability to capture, manage and decompose system requirements for complex Electronic Warfare or Cyber systems.
- Ability to understand, describe, document and present an abstracted view of a complex system through a variety of media.
- Ability to develop Verification strategies for complex embedded systems.
- Skilled at using DOORS or other similar Requirements Management Tools.
- Some knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering through the use of SysML.
- Understanding of Systems Functional Safety through conducting hazard analysis or safety case generation for complex systems to IEC 61508 or other similar standards.
- Awareness of design for reliability, human factors and security.
- Awareness of software design and development, FPGA and Electronic design (digital and RF).
- Good understanding of Project Management and Engineering Management through producing realistic estimates, managing risk and monitoring progress to meet tight timescales.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.