- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Associate Structures Engineer
Due to growth our client have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Structures Engineer to join their business in their Central London or Slough Office.
This role will be to support the Technical Director/s in delivering and contributing to the success of the business plans and strategy. Provide effective management of direct reports (including undertaking performance reviews) and leading on multiple projects / clients and assume responsibility for financial control, quality and technical input for all assigned projects.
A bit about the role:
- Responsible to the Technical Director Engineering for the professional and financial performance of the structures team and projects.
- Overseeing and assisting in the preparation of brief responses, bids, proposals and estimates for new work.
- Seek to achieve organic growth on existing contracts/relationships.
- Ensure that the quality and delivery timescale of projects are managed and delivered to customers requirements.
- Identify and agree resources demand for current and new projects.
- Provide technical direction, advice and support to the team to resolve problems and enhance business/project performance
- Ensuring compliance with company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with company quality system and procedures.
- Respond to client and customer requests and enquiries and ensuring that their needs are met
- Oversee training needs for the structures team
- Promote professional development for team members
The ideal candidate:
- Relevant engineering Degree or equivalent
- Professional Qualification - Chartered Engineer and Member of a relevant professional institution (i.e. ICE or IStructE).
- Alternative consideration shall be given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- Demonstrable experience and a proven track record of success in operational delivery to Local Authority and private clients.
- Experience of successfully managing and delivering multidiscipline projects including supply chain and partnering.
- Proactive, self-motivated and problem solver. Team leader, worker and motivator.
- Excellent Financial Acumen in both project cost control and works estimates.
- Ability to deliver on time whilst handling multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with excellent oral/written/numeracy skills.
- Sound computer literacy (including experience of CAD, 3D modelling and MS Project)
- Significant experience of design and Management of highway structures, codes of practice, Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW and NEC contracts.
- Demonstrable people management skills.
The position comes with:
- £55,000 - £65,000 (subject to experience)
- 37.5 hours per week
- 27 days plus bank holidays + Bank Holidays!
- Westfield Health
- Plenty of company organised social functions!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.