- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Structures Engineer
Our client are looking to appoint an ambitious and motivated Senior or Principal Structural Engineer to join their Kings Cross or Slough Office.
The preferred candidate will report to the Associate Director of Structures, and will be responsible for delivering bridge and structures design and assessment on a variety of projects, liaising with clients and mentoring / developing junior engineers.
Here is a general outline of the role:
- Responsible to the Associate Structures Engineer for the professional and financial performance projects.
- Overseeing and assisting in the preparation of brief responses, bids, proposals and estimates for new work.
- Seek to achieve organic growth on existing contracts/relationships.
- Ensure that the quality and delivery timescale of projects are managed and deliverable's meet customer's requirements.
- Manage resources for the delivery of projects ensuring quality and timescales are met satisfactorily.
- Provide technical advice and support to team members
- Ensuring compliance with company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with company quality system and procedures.
- Liaise with clients and other staff.
- Respond to client and customer requests and enquiries and ensuring that their needs are met
- Support professional development for team members including mentoring and coaching
Ideal Qualities in a candidate:
- Relevant Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional Qualification - Chartered Engineer and Member of a relevant professional institution (i.e. ICE or IStructE).
- Alternative consideration shall be given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- Demonstrable experience and a proven track record of success in operational delivery to Local Authority and private clients.
- Experience of successfully managing and delivering multidiscipline projects including supply chain and partnering.
- Proactive, self-motivated and problem solver. Team leader, worker and motivator.
- Excellent Financial Acumen in both project cost control and works estimates.
- Ability to deliver on time whilst handling multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with excellent oral/written/numeracy skills.
- Sound computer literacy (including experience of CAD, 3D modelling and MS Project)
- Experience of design and Management of highway structures, codes of practice, Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW and NEC contracts.
The role comes with the following package and benefits:
- £45,000 - £55,000 per year
- 27 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Health Care
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.