- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Structures Engineer
Our client are looking to appoint an ambitious and motivated Senior Structural Engineer to join their Kings Cross or Slough Office.
The preferred candidate will report to the Associate Director of Structures, and will be responsible for delivering bridge and structures design and assessment on a variety of projects, liaising with clients and mentoring / developing junior engineers.
- Responsible to the Associate Structures Engineer for the delivery of technical input to projects
- Ensuring that the quality and delivery timescale of projects are managed and deliverables meet customer's requirements.
- Manage resources for the delivery of projects ensuring quality and timescales are met satisfactorily.
- Provide technical advice and supporting other team members in delivery
- Ensuring compliance with company Health & Safety policies, quality systems and procedures.
- Liaise with clients and other staff.
- Respond to client and customer requests and enquiries and ensuring that their needs are met
- Support professional development for other team members
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience working in a design team environment
- Degree within an engineering based subject or equivalent
- Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Working towards Professional Qualification - Chartered Engineer and Member of a relevant professional institution (i.e. ICE or IStructE).
- Experience of successful operational delivery to Local Authority and private clients.
- Experience of project management with a good understanding of commercial aspects of projects
- Proactive, self-motivated and problem solver. Team leader, worker and motivator.
- Excellent Financial Acumen in both project cost control and works estimates.
- Ability to deliver on time whilst handling multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with excellent oral/written/numeracy skills.
- Sound computer literacy (including experience of CAD, 3D modelling and MS Project)
- Sound knowledge of design and Management of highway structures, codes of practice, Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW and NEC contracts.
- Adept at working within a team environment and experience across a range of engineering structures
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills and experienced in the application and use of bridge design software
- Able to communicate / liaise effectively and professionally with the design team, clients and contractors
The role comes with the following package and benefits:
- £45,000 - £50,000 per year
- 27 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Health Care
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.